The year 2021 presented Archipelago with a unique set of challenges revolving around Covid-19. Thankfully, our team tapped into our resourcefulness, adaptability, and innovative-thinking to create safe work spaces to produce video content for our friends and clients. And now, the beginning of January has began with further challenges, including an additional stay-at-home order to slow the increasing rate of new Covid-19 cases in Ontario. However, we are looking towards the coming months of 20212 when productions can resume in a safe and cautious manner.
As protocols and regulations continue to evolve this year, we will adjust and accommodate accordingly to prioritize the health and safety of our team, our clients, and our friends.
Here are the precautions we take for any set:Archipelago Productions is dedicated to ensuring the safety of all our talent and crew. In accordance with ACTRA and IATSE, we have adapted all safety protocols outlined by the Section 21 Film and Television Health and Safety Advisory Committee of the Ontario Ministry of Labour and set by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). Directives coming from the Chief Medical Officer of Health are reviewed regularly to assure we are compliant with all COVID-19 regulations. We are committed to assuring that all protocols are not only met but surpassed.
Here are the precautions we take for any set:
- We provide free on-site rapid COVID-19 tests for any set.
- Our crews are all double vaccinated.
- All performers and crew members will complete a digital health screening questionnaire 24 hours prior to beginning work.
- All performers and crew will comply with a temperature check with a contactless thermometer upon entering the set.
- We ensure all high-touch tools and surfaces are cleaned regularly, based on the Public Health Ontario guide to environmental cleaning. This includes all equipment and gear such as: cameras, tripods, computers, microphones, etc.
- We create greater distance between crew and stations, keeping a minimum distance of two metres (approximately 2 arms lengths) from others.
- All performers and crew are provided with necessary PPE (i.e. single use gloves/masks, shields, disinfectant supplies, sanitization stations, etc).
- It is mandatory for all performers and crew to wear a non-medical mask or face covering (e.g. constructed to completely cover the nose and mouth without gaping, and secured to the head by ties or ear loops).
- All performers and crew members will be provided with an individual space for personal belongings.
- There will be a minimum of two air purifiers on site as well as proper ventilation
- We require any individuals who interact with a performer at a distance of less than 2 metres to wear a mask and face shield and wash/sanitize their hands.
- We train all crew on correct use, care, maintenance, cleaning and limitations of PPE.
- Full stop on common physical greetings, such as handshakes.
- Mandatory for all crew to stay home if they are sick or exhibiting symptoms.
We also hope to continue utilizing our Covid-safe office studio with clients. We’ve designed this space to provide a safe and convenient alternative to film your content, whether that be with a teleprompter, green screen, or simply a camera and lights! Watch the video below for additional information.